Personal Data Protection - Applications
The purpose of this Personal Data Policy (the “Policy”) is to describe how Société Louis Vuitton Services (“SLVS” or “Us”), a French company of which registered office is at 2 rue du Pont Neuf, 75001 Paris, France, and/or the affiliates of the Group Louis Vuitton (the “Affiliate”), each in their quality of Data controller, process personal data (“Personal Data”) of an applicant (“You”) when they apply to a job on the website https://jobs.louisvuitton.com (the “Website”).
The present Policy describes the Personal Data processing we implement (hereinafter the “Processing”) within the framework of our process of recruitment, as well as your rights related to the protection of your Personal Data.
1. Identity and contact details of data controller
1.1. The data controller is the entity who determines the means and purposes of the Personal Data Processing.
In regards of the Processing of your Personal Data collected via the Website for recruitment’s purposes, the data controller is, for France, SLVS, and, for the other countries, the relevant Affiliate for the job opening. You can obtain the name and address of the Affiliate appointed as data controller, in your jurisdiction, here.
The Personal Data Protection Officer (“DPO”), available to answer any question you may have regarding to the protection of your Personal Data, may be contacted at email@example.com.
2. Description of Personal Data Processing implemented
2.1. Purpose and legal bases of Processing
The Processing implemented is intended to enable us:
- based on our legitimate interest, to reply and manage your online applications submitted in the applicant space in the Website’s “Job” section; to defend our legitimate interest in the event of a litigation or a legal action, manage the Website’s Cybersecurity, Prevent fraudulent activities to ensure our assets and contents’ security.
- in the framework of pre-contractual measures, if your application is selected to start the recruitment process and conduct the interviews.
- subject to your consent, share your application with other House of the LVMH Group’s HR’s department to present You applications that may fit your profile.
- We may keep your Personal Data when we are obligated to do so by law obligation or in order to assert our rights by operation of law.
2.2. Personal Data processed
The Personal Data concerning you and collected and processed for the purposes described above, are:
- To manage your application: last name, first name, email address, phone number, professional experience, as well as all the information you communicate to us by sending your application and/or your curriculum vitae: photo, skills, education level, language(s) spoken, salary expectations, personal address, leisure activities, family status, potential interview recovery, interactions with Us, etc. These Data are collected and stored only in the framework of the management of your applications and for the management of your recruitment, if need be, and are not use for any other purpose, including commercial ones
- To produce statistics: your connection logs and IP address
2.3. Recipients of your Personal Data
Accessibility within the LVM Group:
Your Personal Data are processed by the various departments of SLVS or the Affiliates:
- Human Resources Department of SLVS or of the relevant Affiliate;
- Department related to your application at SLVS or the relevant Affiliate;
- SLVS’s Institutional Communication Department regarding the production of statistics;
- Legal Department and Internal Control Department regarding the management of fraudulent activities or legal action, as the case may be;
- Security of Information System Department.
Accessibility by third parties:
Your Personal Data are also accessible to third parties, namely: (i) to the recruitments agencies with which SLVS or the Affiliates work, and which may advise Us in the management of our applicants database and guide Us in selecting profiles in such databases; (ii) in the case of an unforeseen accident, for technical or logical reason, to the SLVS’s or any other entity of the group Louis Vuitton subcontractors (hosting providers or statistic tools).
SLVS could transfer, if you consent so, your Personal Data to other Maison of the LVMH Group so you can be reached if your profile matches a future job offer. If you decide to not allow the transfer of your Personal data to LVMH, you won’t be able to be contacted regarding potential offer fitting your profile, without it affecting the current selection process.
Your Personal Data may be transferred to a third party in case of a restructuring of SLVS or of the relevant Affiliate, including in case of total or partial divestment of assets, merger, absorption-acquisition, demerger or, in a broader sense, any reorganisation transaction.
Finally, SLVS or the relevant Affiliates may communicate to third parties your Personal Data when such communication is required by law, a regulatory provision or a court order or if this communication is necessary to ensure the protection and defence of its rights.
2.4. Transfers of your Personal Data
The recipients of your Personal Data may be located in other countries than the ones in which your data has been collected, including in a country where the legislation about Personal Data differs from the country in which your Data were collected.
As part of the application process, and with your consent, your Personal Data may be transferred to Affiliates worldwide. The complete list of Affiliates is available here.
SLVS providers and Affiliates or their subcontractor can also be located outside the country where your Data has been collected.
2.5. Retention period of your Personal Data
The Data related to your application will be retained for a time period of two (2) years as of when they are provided or as the last contact with you, then they will be destroyed or archived in a sole purpose of meeting our legal requirements. At the end of this two-year period, SLVS or the relevant Affiliates may recontact you to know whether you want SLVS or the relevant Affiliates to continue retaining your Personal Data, with the aim of being informed of an opportunity that may arise and which may correspond to your aspirations and skills.
3. Your rights
Subject to the current legislation, you may have a right of access and of correction of your Personal Data, the right to request the deletion (right to be forgotten) of your Personal Data, the right to oppose the processing of your Personal Data and the right to obtain the limitation or the portability of your Personal Data, subject to urgent or legitimate ground SLVS or the relevant Affiliate might prevail to retain your Data.
As regard the Data related to your application, we invite you to keep updated your personal information in your “Applicant Space”. Such rights may be exercised by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may be asked to provide proof of identity. You can also write directly to the relevant Affiliate of your jurisdiction.
You can also modify your Data directly in your “Applicant Space” or delete them by clicking on “Delete my data”.
Subject to the current legislation in your country, you may also have the right to bring claim to the Data Protection Authority of your country.
We can collect certain information through cookies, web beacon, or other tracking devices. A cookie is a text file stored in a dedicated area of your device’s hard drive, for instance when you visit a website, when you read an email, or when you download a mobile app. A cookie allows its sender to identify the device on which it is stored, during the period of validity of consent, which should not exceed thirteen (13) months.
What type of cookies do we use?
- The functional cookies allow Us to facilitate your browsing by saving your languages preferences or your log in.
- Other cookies collect information related to your behaviour on our websites and applications by analysing URLs (where our visitors are from, who or what directed them to Our website), pages accessed, times of visit. This allows Us to enhance our websites and applications, have a better understanding of the sections you would prefer, and offer you a more personalized communications and/or more personalized content on our website or our applications
- We may include on our websites or applications the possibility to share with third parties or to let other persons know your consultation or your opinion regarding a specific content on our website. Such is the case of “Like” and “Share” functionalities from social media platforms (for instance “Facebook”, “Twitter”, etc.)
Social network which offers these functionalities may identify you, even though you do not use them on our website. Indeed, such functionalities allow social network to track information about your browsing on our website, simply because you’re your social network account is active while browsing our website.
we do not have control on the process used by these social networks to collect information related to your browsing activity on our website. We invite you to read the Privacy policies of these social networks to find out to what purpose they use this information (including for advertising purpose) These Privacy policies should provide you information about how to manage your preferences on your social networks account.
Acceptance of cookies
Except for functional and security cookies, the use of cookie in a device depends on the user’s choice, which can be expressed and modified freely and at any time.
You can manage your cookies:
- either by clicking on the cookie module available on the website
If you share your device with other people and the device operates several browsers, we cannot guarantee that personalised services and advertisement designed to match your personal use of the device will correspond to your own use rather than someone else’s.
5. Changes to this Policy
Our policy may change over time to reflect evolutions in our processing of your personal information. We will ensure to notify You of any substantial or material change. We will publish an updated version of this Policy on the Website.
Version of: 26 August 2022