As an Artisan for Louis Vuitton you help make our client’s unique pieces their own. Delighting them by creating personalized artwork and continuously striving to exceed their expectations. You will take ownership of the overall animation of the Made to Order space, providing personalization (Hot Stamping, Mon Monogram, Hand Painting, Sketching) and special order services to clients and providing artistic demonstration during in-store events.
To be successful in this role you must possess extensive hand painting artistic skill and the ability to interpret and replicate client’s desired artwork as well as an appreciation for the Louis Vuitton culture, history and craftsmanship. Passion is at the heart of our work, we value commitment in everything we accomplish. Explore, develop, innovate, create…every journey is unique and there is no better way to reveal your potential.
This position will be based in our beautiful Louis Vuitton location in San Francisco.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Personalization Services: Hot Stamping, Mon Monogram and Hand Painting
• Maintain communications with the client while servicing custom requests (i.e., initials, personalized crests, portraits, etc.), which may include reviewing, evaluating, assessing requests and managing time-line expectations of process and completion
• Provide clients with artistic samples, collaborating on modifications
• Create quality hand painted artwork/design on products
• Train staff on hot stamping and provide on the spot services to clients.
Special Orders/Made to Order
• Receive, process and facilitate the MTO business from time of order until time of delivery
• Provide regular status updates to the client
• Liaise between the special orders department and the host store
• Must have the appreciation of the Louis Vuitton culture, history and craftsmanship
• Represent the brand and services during high profile in store events
• Service clients according to the Louis Vuitton Signature Selling Ceremony and quality service expectations
PRINCIPAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
• Must be skilled in free hand painting, Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts preferred
• Demonstrated working knowledge of CAD is a plus
• Punctuality and schedule flexibility are essential. Retail hours, including weekends, may be required.
• Must be able to take initiative and be a self-starter while also being part of a team
• Be solution-oriented and have the ability to work independently
• Ability to deal with ambiguity (turn negative into positive)
• Excellent communication skills with internal/external customers
• Strong organizational skills
• Patience with the ability to focus and aim in providing quality artwork
• 2 years of sales or customer service experience preferred
• Ability to learn quickly and maintain a high performance level in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to solve problems with diplomatic manners
• Ability to speak a foreign language a plus