The Senior Accountant is responsible for all areas relating to general ledger, fixed assets accounting, Pre-payments, Lease Agreements, Intercompany re invoicing and excellent knowledge in IFRS and accounts payable. This position will be responsible for maintaining accounting principles and practices and ensure that Louis Vuitton accounting procedures are fully applied. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation and maintenance, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. Working under the direction of the Accounting Manager and CFO, the accountant will have contact with all the departments which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
• Oversee the daily accounting activities required to maintain the company’s general ledger in all aspects.
• Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
• Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
• Ensure completion and review of all post-close reconciliations (main balance sheet account reconciliations). Ensure all balances are properly supported and documented.
• Maintain organized set of detailed records and files to document financial transactions and all journal entries.
• Support budget and forecasting activities.
• Collaborate with the other finance department members to support overall department goals and objectives.
• Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy. Recommend and implement techniques to improve organization’s productivity, increase efficiencies, cut costs.
• Prepare for and ensure a clean and timely interim audit and year end audit. Prepare reports required by regulatory agencies.
• Prepare the VAT declarations. • Prepare the tax requirements and assist in the tax audit performed by the authorities.
• Follow up on the Lease Agreements Payments and Postings including IFRS16.
• Ensure that the company’s management principles, policies, and programs are consistently practiced.
• Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
• Complete general ledger operations
• Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts
• Reconcile the prices and products costing
• Review and analyze the add-on cost invoices ( freight and duties charges )
• Prepare intercompany re invoicing and reconciliation Assist in the preparation of suppliers payments and reconciliation• Assist in the preparation of suppliers payments and reconciliation
• Professional abilities and qualities: Analysis abilities, business acumen, drive for results, curiosity, pragmatism and strong interpersonal & communication skills.
• 3-4 year previously worked as Senior Accountant.
• Experience in Retail & Luxury
• SAP knowledge MANDATORY.
• Arabic Speaker MANDATORY.
• Holder of Master Degree in Accounting and Finance.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
• Able to work on multiple projects with accuracy and efficiency, while keeping to deadlines.
• Time Management.
• Strong attention to detail, curious to learn and eager to address discrepancies.
• Comfortable as a liaison to management and key business partners in various departments in both corporate and retail.
• High level of integrity; ability to handle confidential information.
• Ability to work independently.
• A team player and effective communicator.
• Strong Work Ethic.
• Advanced quantitative, analytical and computer skills.
Joining Date : May 2023.