Under the supervision of the Warehouse Supervisor, this position will perform material handling duties to include accepting materials from receiving inspection (including leather inspection), stocking, pulling, issuing, and maintaining inventory of raw materials, packing, and shipping.
Material Management Responsibilities
- Prepare preparation sheets and print material picking sheets as required per the weekly production schedule.
- Pull materials from stock as required per the preparation sheet and or material picking sheet using a FIFO (first-in first-out) system.
- Gather all materials pulled to fill work order requirements and place them on a cart for transport to the assembly departments.
- Identify carts of materials with the work order number and stage them in their designated location.
- Replace defective and damaged materials as requested by assembly supervisors.
- Take defective materials to the designated location for processing and make the applicable transfer in the Ariane system
- Perform all necessary work order material issues in Ariane or JDE
- Take immediate action to correct discrepancies with material inventories.
- Perform cycle counts as requested by the department supervisor or the finance department.
Shipping & Receiving Responsibilities
- Ensure material received into inventory are labeled with item #, quantity, and date of receipt.
- Stock materials in the proper storing location and confirm that all necessary transactions have been made in the systems (Ariane and JDE)
- Manage all materials to optimize space utilization and good organization.
- Pack finished product and palletize it as requested by Distribution center
- Process shipments of final product in the system and complete documentation
- Ensure that the process and methods used are accurate and efficient
- Maintain strong inter-department communication and update all parties concerned
- Perform other duties as assigned and dictated by business needs
- Participate in improvement projects within the company
• High School or GED
• 1-3 years’ experience in inventory, warehouse, shipping, or receiving
• Knowledge of inventory management systems is a plus
• Ability to move a minimum of 50lbs
• Computer Literate, Microsoft Excel is a plus
• Great communication skills: written and oral
• Bilingual: English and Spanish is a plus
• Strong math skills preferred
• Analytical skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Team oriented
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and adapt as needed
Louis Vuitton is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.
Job Type: Temp to Hire
Availability: Full Time
Location: Alvarado, TX
Apply today on our website https://jobs.louisvuitton.com