Supply Chain Engineer - San Dimas, CA
Louis Vuitton, U.S. Manufacturing, Inc. proudly operates manufacturing ateliers in California and Texas where our focus is people, quality, and safety. Our vision is “Proud to Craft Louis Vuitton in the USA”.
Our atelier in San Dimas, CA is currently seeking a Supply Chain Engineer responsible for supporting our KPI's follow-up within the Supply Chain and Logistics department and to implement and improve processes and flows within the Supply Chain, Logistics and Warehouse teams. This role reports to the Supply Chain and Logistics Director.
- Keep detailed records, generate Dashboard, and develop presentations to support the Leadership Team in understanding the Supply chain, Logistics and Warehouse perspectives.
- To monitor continuous improvement opportunities to streamline process and improve accuracy within operations (Kaizen animations, regular audit actions follow up etc..).
- Actively optimize the warehouse layout (storage surfaces and location)
- To Improve the logistics processes (receiving, put away, picking, preparations, packing, shipping)
- Lead testing, implement and control those improvements.
- To be the main interface for projects and performance interface with Finance, Production, Technical and Quality departments (DMAIC approach)
- Track, monitor, and report regularly on the status of projects
- To benchmark and implement best practices from other LV facilities in EUROPE
- To build strong logistics partnership with Retail Logistics department (green projects, upcycling)
- External Benchmark and stay up to date on warehousing technology, safety and process updates
- Perform other duties as assigned and/or dictated by business needs
- To be an active member of the new strategic SAP project implementation
- Engineering Degree in Supply Chain, Manufacturing or related field
- 5-8 years’ relevant experience in manufacturing environment
- Certification in Supply Chain preferred
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service mindset
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles and tools (Value Stream Mapping, reducing waste, etc.)
- High proficiency in Excel particularly and in the Microsoft Office suite in general
- Excellent understanding of ERP & MRP systems. SAP experience is desired
- Ability to work in a fast paced, results oriented and continually changing work environment
- Spanish and French language skills are a plus
Louis Vuitton is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.