Supply Buyer, Materials - Irwindale, CA
Louis Vuitton is more than a name; we are a world-class manufacturer. LVUSM operates ateliers in California and Texas where our focus is people, quality, and safety. We encourage innovators with an entrepreneurial spirit to join our team!
The Supply Buyer for Material is responsible for the procurement of required quantities of raw materials from domestic and international suppliers to meet our production plan. It is the buyer’s responsibility to follow the complete lifecycle of raw material, including, but not limited to, calculation need, ordering, maintaining supplier relationships, following on shipping and delivery dates, and ensuring data consistency on the manufacturing systems (stock, Bill of Materials, MRP, etc.).
Joining our team means directly participating in the development of our products, contributing to the achievement of our manufacturing and quality objectives, and thus meeting the needs of the Louis Vuitton client in the United States. If you thrive in a dynamic environment and enjoy collaborating with high caliber talent to achieve common goals, we want to meet you!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Communicate with suppliers (purchase orders, deliveries, quality issues, process, etc.)
- Communicate with internal partners (production, production planning, warehouse, technical department, etc.)
- Communicate with Paris’ and sister facilities counterparts (buyers, quality team, etc.)
- Follow-up on deliveries (timing and quality issues, work with transportation third parties and warehouse)
- Book local freight and follow local transport topics with the help of sister site
- Participate actively in new product developments (contact new suppliers or European plants, checking Bill of Materials and ensuring materials are in house for development phases)
- Based on current inventory levels and production planning, purchase the required materials from domestic and international suppliers to ensure availability of required quantities of raw materials to meet our production plans
- Ensuring a smooth flow of materials from order to delivery by verifying accurate and timely communication between suppliers and broker regarding the required documentation
- Liaise with the Warehouse team to ensure inventory is received promptly and prioritized based on production needs. Work also includes making sure inventory is accurate to avoid overstock or shortages.
- Build a strong network with the Paris Supply Chain team to implement Best Practices within the purchasing team and share processes used locally.
- Build Power BI reports as needed using internal database (Datalake) & other system data
- Determine, follow and communicate on inventory levels of raw materials to avoid shortages, minimize overstock and alert if such a risk appears
- Partner with Warehouse Supervisor to make sure all materials are checked according to the masters and that the teams are always adhering to the strict internal quality procedures
- Work with Technical department to maintain an updated & shared database to order the appropriate raw materials and ensure a smooth transition in case of modification
- When necessary, participate in identifying and qualifying potential domestic suppliers by coordinating the material tests performed by Louis Vuitton’s quality lab in France.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to handle large amount of data and maintain data strictly organized
- Experience in database management; Power BI and Power Query preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven people skills required, must have ability to work cross-functionally while effectively handling internal business pressures
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented and continually changing environment
- Curiosity and willingness to reach out to colleagues locally, the Paris Headquarters and in other international workshops.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management or a related field
- Master’s Degree or Certification in Supply Chain Management is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), with advanced skills in Excel
- Experience with MRP and related software (SAP, JDE, etc.)
- Experience with reporting software (Power BI, power Query, Tableau, etc.)
- Language skills in French and/or Spanish is a plus
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical benefits effective the first of the month following your start date
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Vacation Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Sick/Personal Time
- Employee Discount and access to other LVMH Brand discounts
Louis Vuitton is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Louis Vuitton is a company that respects the uniqueness of each employee and offers everyone the means to find their place and prosper. We promote initiatives aimed at supporting professional equality for everyone. We strive to go above and beyond purely symbolic measures by building a culture passionate about meaningful strategies aimed at crafting an inclusive workforce.