Supply Buyer, Components - Irwindale, CA
Louis Vuitton is more than a name; we are a world-class manufacturer. LVUSM operates ateliers in California and Texas where our focus is people, quality, and safety. We encourage innovators with an entrepreneurial spirit to join our team!
The component buyer is responsible for the procurement of required quantities of Components from domestic and international suppliers to meet our production plans. It is the buyer responsibility to follow the complete lifecycle of components, including, but not limited to, calculation needs, ordering, maintaining supplier relationships, follow-up on shipping and delivery dates, and ensuring data consistency on the manufacturing systems (stock, Bill of Materials, MRP, etc.).
Joining our team means directly participating in the development of our products, contributing to the achievement of our manufacturing and quality objectives, and thus meeting the needs of the Louis Vuitton client in the United States. If you thrive in a dynamic environment and enjoy collaborating with high caliber talent to achieve common goals, we want to meet you!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Purchase the required components from international suppliers to ensure availability of required quantities to meet our production plans.
- Ensure a smooth flow of components from order to delivery by verifying accurate and timely communication between suppliers and broker regarding the required documentation.
- Maintain purchasing Master Data to ensure target inventory levels are properly set.
- Build a strong network with the Paris Supply Chain team to implement methodologies within the purchasing team and share processes used locally.
- Work collaboratively with the warehouse, quality, and new product development departments to ensure components are available to achieve the finished goods objectives.
- Propose and participate in improvement projects as deemed necessary according to business needs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management, or related field of study. Master’s degree or Certification in Supply Chain Management is a plus.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a buyer
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) particularly advanced skills in Excel
- Experience with MRP and related software (SAP, JDE, etc.)
- Experience with reporting software is a plus (Power PI, Tableau, etc.)
- Bilingual skills in English/Spanish (written and oral), French is a plus
- Strong ability to handle large amount of data and maintain data strictly organized, experience in database is a plus
- Proven communication skills required, must have ability to work cross-functionally while effectively handling internal business pressures
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented and continually changing environment
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical benefits effective the first of the month following your start date
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Vacation Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Sick/Personal Time
- Employee Discount and access to other LVMH Brand discounts
Louis Vuitton is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Louis Vuitton is a company that respects the uniqueness of each employee and offers everyone the means to find their place and prosper. We promote initiatives aimed at supporting professional equality for everyone. We strive to go above and beyond purely symbolic measures by building a culture passionate about meaningful strategies aimed at crafting an inclusive workforce.