Quality Manager - Alvarado, TX
Louis Vuitton, U.S. Manufacturing, Inc. proudly operates manufacturing ateliers in California and Texas where our focus is people, quality, and safety. Our vision is “Proud to Craft Louis Vuitton in the USA”.
Our atelier in Alvarado, TX is currently seeking a Quality Manager responsible for the implementation of quality policies and criteria that includes good design/manufacturing practices and conformity to standards in the craftsmanship of our luxury handbags. The strategic leader and change management agent will coach, guide and direct others to improve quality performance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the quality system in the workshop that includes oversight of the BPC (assembly and other sectors), repairs, internal routine checks, corrective and preventative actions, and process audits related to manufacturing.
- Animation of MRP’s and management of modification requests (serial life)
- Implement the necessary actions to guarantee customer-oriented quality
- Provide support in the production of new products
- Implement corrective actions following our customers' repairs
- Work closely with the Quality team at the Headquarters and Quality Managers of other LV facilities to ensure the standardization of processes and Quality vision.
- Interface with the Central Quality Department and other quality workshops on a weekly basis.
- Contribute to the development of new products by conducting risk analysis (AMDEC) for each new product in partnership with the technical team (Pointers, Industrial Methods) and Quality Development of the headquarters.
- Steer quality milestones in the workshop development process.
- Internal “Green Light” of Go Prod and Color Prototypes for all new product launches.
- Provide oversight of the laboratory equipment and testing conducted by direct reports who carry out tests on materials and finished products in accordance with the LV specifications.
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Attributes Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quality, Operations, Manufacturing Engineering, or related field
- 5 + years’ experience managing a Quality Control Program
- Experience in leather goods manufacturing or other textiles
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office Excel, Word, Power Point
- Expert knowledge of common processes and concepts in lean problem solving, root cause analysis, and waste reducing tools
- Experience working with teams in production and lean manufacturing is preferred
- Able to motivate teams, navigate in a changing environment and lead change at the operational level
- Maintain effective relationships with customers and gain trust and respect
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
We are pleased to offer the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Short and long-term disability
- Life Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Paid time off: vacation, sick & personal
- 10 company holidays per calendar year
- Employee discount