Quality Engineer - San Dimas, CA
Under the responsibility of the Director of Quality , this position is responsible for implementing the Louis Vuitton (LV) quality system throughout the plant and communicating quality initiatives, as well as executing actions to ensure that LV quality standards are met. Creates partnerships and provides support to various LV entities to resolve customer quality issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures Louis Vuitton quality criteria are met in each step of the production process in existing products and during product development.
- Analyze data and situations to formulate conclusions in order to problem solve
- Uses problem solving tools (PDCA, PSM, 8D, root cause analysis, etc.) to identify and develop solutions.
- Leads all Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) and Problem Solving Method (PSM) activity in the organization.
- Completes all quality action plans in a timely manner.
- Manages daily quality reporting with results, goals, and PDCA.
- Creates standard operating procedures (SOPs) and visual aids.
- Manages quality documentation (SOPs, final inspections reports, etc.) and maintain accurate record keeping as required by LVUSM’s policy
- Provides feedback to various teams throughout the organization, while communicating pertinent information to the Leadership Team
- Liaise with LVNA and LVUSM to provide support in resolving customer quality issues
- Provides quality related training for company personnel and assists all department teams in the use of quality tools, processes, and Louis Vuitton criteria (PSM, audits, etc.)
- Supports teams in the inspection of material (i.e. leather, canvas, components, etc.) and finished products to meet quality criteria.
- Communicates all new quality initiatives and supports the implementation process
- Demonstrates ability to work well with individuals and groups at all levels of the organization
- Develops tools and masters for quality inspection to support all phases of the production process (final inspection, “good the first time”, etc.)
- Shares experience and success in improvement initiatives by demonstrating a mindset of continuous improvement.
- Act as a Louis Vuitton correspondent to improve quality of our subcontractors
- Shares best practices with other Louis Vuitton entities in Europe
- Participates and leads improvement projects within the company and performs other duties as assigned or dictated by business needs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering with emphasis in Quality Engineering, Continuous Improvement, other related field or possesses equivalent related experience.
- 3 to 5 years relevant experience
- Experience in Quality Management
- Knowledge of common processes and concepts in lean problem solving, root cause analysis, and waste reducing tools
- Leather or garment manufacturing experience is preferred
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to drive change
- Computer literate (Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Skilled in organization, prioritization, and attention to details.
- Experience working with teams in production and lean manufacturing is preferred
- People Oriented
- Analytical skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Bilingual, English/ Spanish is preferred
- Ability to work within multi-site environment
- Must have a valid driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance