Quality Engineer - Irwindale, CA
Louis Vuitton is more than a name; we are a world class manufacturer. Louis Vuitton U.S. Manufacturing (LVUSM) operates ateliers in California and Texas where our focus is people, quality, and safety. We encourage innovators with an entrepreneurial spirit to join our team!
Our atelier in Irwindale, CA is seeking a Quality Engineer. Since 1854, Louis Vuitton has been a premier luxury brand with a reputation for the highest quality standards and exceptional client experiences. In this critical role you will champion the Louis Vuitton quality criteria to ensure each step in the production process is achieved to exceed the expectations of our valued customers. This position reports to the Quality Manager.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Ensure the Louis Vuitton quality criteria are met in each step of the production process with existing products and new product development
- Analyze data and situations to formulate conclusions to problem solve
- Lead all Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) and Problem-Solving Method (PSM) activity in the organization
- Apply strong problem-solving and analytical skills (PDCA, PSM, 8D, root cause analysis, etc.) to ensure the highest standards of quality are achieved; use key information to complete daily quality reports
- Build standard operating procedures (SOPs) and visual aids
- Manage quality documentation (SOPs, final inspections reports, etc.) and maintain accurate record keeping as required by LVUSM’s policy
- Provide feedback to various teams throughout the organization, while communicating pertinent information to the Leadership Team
- Provide quality related training for company personnel and assists all department teams in the use of quality tools, processes, and Louis Vuitton criteria (PSM, audits, etc.)
- Support teams in the inspection of material (i.e., leather, canvas, components, etc.) and finished products to meet quality criteria.
- Develop tools and masters for quality inspection to support all phases of the manufacturing process (final inspection, “good the first time”, etc.)
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quality, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a quality assurance role in a manufacturing environment
- Exceptional knowledge of common processes and concepts in lean problem solving, root cause analysis, and waste reducing tools
- Work experience in leather/textiles and/or garment manufacturing is preferred
- Proven ability to drive and adapt to changing organizational and operational needs
- Excellent project management experience
- Advanced computer proficiency with MS Excel with the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Bilingual language skills in English/ Spanish are preferred
- Ability to work within a multi-site environment
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical benefits effective the first of the month following your start date
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Vacation Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Sick/Personal Time
- Employee Discount and access to other LVMH Brand discounts
Louis Vuitton is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Louis Vuitton is a company that respects the uniqueness of each employee and offers everyone the means to find their place and prosper. We promote initiatives aimed at supporting professional equality for everyone. We strive to go above and beyond purely symbolic measures by building a culture passionate about meaningful strategies aimed at crafting an inclusive workforce.