Purchasing Manager - Irwindale, CA
Since 1854, our workshops have developed and transmitted savoir faire through break through innovation and creativity, and with the excellence of our artisans. Louis Vuitton U.S. Manufacturing is a part of the rich history and heritage of Louis Vuitton craftsmanship and proudly operates workshops in California and Texas.
Joining our team means directly participating in the development of our products, contributing to the achievement of our manufacturing and quality objectives, and thus meeting the needs of the Louis Vuitton client in the United States. If you thrive in a dynamic environment and enjoy partnering with high caliber talent to achieve common goals, Louis Vuitton U.S. Manufacturing wants to meet you!
The Louis Vuitton atelier in Irwindale, CA is currently seeking a Purchasing Manager. In this role you will oversee international vendor coordination to ensure efficient inventory levels for production. You will be an active member of the Louis Vuitton purchasing community in the US and Internationally and report to the Director of Supply Chain & Logistics.
- Define inventory targets of raw materials and components based on the production plan and supplier performance; and monitor the volume of orders placed in accordance with inventory targets
- Define portfolio segmentation and key sourcing priorities
- Supervise and report key functional metrics (shortages, inventory coverage, cost of the obsolescence)
- Manage a team of 6 Purchasing Agents
- Redefine Supply Chain and Purchasing SOPs in partnership with internal partners in production, planning, and finance
- Monitor and control all the inbound flows in collaboration with the Warehouse Manager
- Support Warehouse operations such as Destruction and Transportation Reception schedule
- Support negotiations and the central organization (Paris Headquarters) with 3rd Party Logistics (3PLs), primarily regarding transportation
- Define key metrics to measure 3PLs performance and an invoice tracking management process for our 3PLs
- Implement 3PL transportation dashboards (e.g. lead time, cost, Estimated Time of Delivery and On Time Deliveries)
Qualifications: (Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Manufacturing or Engineering is required. A Master’s Degree is desired
- 5-7 years proven experience in Logistics, Purchasing or Supply Chain environment
- APICS Certification in Supply Chain is preferred
- Sophisticated proficiency with ERP and MRP systems. SAP experience is highly desired
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including team building and collaborative problem solving/ decision making
- French and/or Spanish language proficiency a strong plus
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical benefits effective the first of the month following your start date
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Vacation Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Sick/Personal Time
- Employee Discount and access to other LVMH Brand discounts
Louis Vuitton is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Louis Vuitton is a company that respects the uniqueness of each employee and offers everyone the means to find their place and prosper. We promote initiatives aimed at supporting professional equality for everyone. We strive to go above and beyond purely symbolic measures by building a culture passionate about meaningful strategies aimed at crafting an inclusive workforce.