Purchasing Agent - Alvarado, TX
Louis Vuitton is more than a name; we are a world-class manufacturer. LVUSM operates ateliers in California and Texas where our focus is people, quality, and safety. We encourage innovators with an entrepreneurial spirit to join our team!
Louis Vuitton U.S. Manufacturing, Inc. (LVUSM) in Alvarado, TX is currently seeking a Purchasing Agent. In this role, you will report to the Logistics and Purchasing Manager and be responsible for the procurement of required raw materials from global suppliers to meet Louis Vuitton’s production needs.
- Communicate with suppliers (purchase orders, deliveries, quality issues, process, etc.)
- Communicate with internal partners (production, production planning, warehouse, technical department, etc.)
- Communicate with Paris’ and sister facilities counterparts (buyers, quality team, etc.)
- Follow-up on deliveries (timing and quality issues, work with transportation third-parties and warehouse)
- Book local freight and follow local transport topics with the help of sister site
- Participate actively in new product developments (contact new suppliers or European plants, checking Bill of Materials and ensuring materials are in house for development phases)
- Based on current inventory levels and production planning, purchase the required materials from domestic and international suppliers to ensure availability of required quantities of raw materials to meet our production plans
- Ensuring a smooth flow of materials from order to delivery by verifying accurate and timely communication between suppliers and broker regarding the required documentation
- Liaise with the Warehouse team to ensure inventory is received promptly and prioritized based on production needs. Work also includes making sure inventory is accurate to avoid overstock or shortages.
- Address any inventory shortages with the production team (detect, propose alternatives if applicable, bring back to inventory as quickly as possible, etc)
- Build a strong network with the Paris Supply Chain team to implement Best Practices within the purchasing team and share processes used locally.
- Propose and participate in improvement projects as deemed necessary according to business needs
POWER BI / DATABASE SPECIALIST
- Build Power BI reports as needed using internal database (Datalake) & other system data
- Use Power Query to build reports as needed
- Maintain existing report through system transition to SAP
- Understand available data or research best possible source of data with the help of the team in the headquarters in Paris and/or other workshops
- Document reports --- can you add a bit more detail about this part?
- Partner with Warehouse Supervisor to make sure all materials are checked according to the masters and that the teams are always adhering to the strict internal quality procedures
- Ensure all relevant information is received from the warehouse in a timely manner and notify headquarters in Paris immediately of any quality issues
- Identify materials/parts that could be used from a non-conform lot, components, finished goods, etc.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to handle large amount of data and maintain data strictly organized
- Experience in database management; Power BI and Power Query preferred
- Proven people skills required, must have ability to work cross-functionally while effectively handling internal business pressures
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented and continually changing environment
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management or related field
- Master’s Degree or Certification in Supply Chain Management is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), particularly advanced skills in Excel
- Experience with MRP and related software (SAP, JDE, etc.)
- Experience with reporting software (Power BI, power Query, Tableau, etc.)
- Language skills in French and/or Spanish is a plus
Louis Vuitton is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Louis Vuitton is a company that respects the uniqueness of each employee and offers everyone the means to find their place and prosper. We promote initiatives aimed at supporting professional equality for everyone. We strive to go above and beyond purely symbolic measures by building a culture passionate about meaningful strategies aimed at crafting an inclusive workforce.