Purchasing Agent - Alvarado, TX
Louis Vuitton is more than a name; we are a world-class manufacturer. LVUSM operates ateliers in California and Texas where our focus is people, quality, and safety. We encourage innovators with an entrepreneurial spirit to join our team!
Louis Vuitton U.S. Manufacturing, Inc. (LVUSM) in Alvarado, TX is currently seeking a Purchasing Agent. In this role, you will report to the Logistics and Purchasing Manager and be responsible for the procurement of required raw materials from global suppliers to meet Louis Vuitton’s production needs
Position requirements (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
• Manage relationships with key suppliers to maintain the quality of goods, timely delivery, and compliance to terms of contracts with internal partners, sister facilities, and global vendors.
• Ensure a smooth flow of materials from order to delivery by verifying accurate and timely documentation between suppliers and brokers.
• Partner with leadership to verify purchases by comparing them to a master list and ensure that the internal quality procedures are always enforced.
• Evaluate suppliers by considering the price, quality, availability, and other criteria.
• When necessary, participate in identifying and qualifying potential domestic suppliers by coordinating the material tests performed by Louis Vuitton’s quality lab in France.
• Request cost proposals and negotiate contracts and prices.
• Work with cross-functional teams to ensure consistency of the data within our different systems to order the appropriate materials
• Actively participate in new product developments.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management, or related field.
• Must have a minimum of 5 years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Master’s Degree or Certification in Supply Chain Management is a plus. • JDE and SAP desired.
• Must have experience managing 200+ SKUs and dealing with suppliers overseas. • Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), particularly advanced skills in Excel.
• Bilingual skills in Spanish and/or French is a plus.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical benefits effective the first of the month following your start date
• 401k Retirement Plan
• Profit-Sharing Plan
• Vacation Time
• Company Paid Holidays
• Sick/Personal Time
• Employee Discount and access to other LVMH Brand discounts
Louis Vuitton is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Louis Vuitton is a company that respects the uniqueness of each employee and offers everyone the means to find their place and prosper. We promote initiatives aimed at supporting professional equality for everyone. We strive to go above and beyond purely symbolic measures by building a culture passionate about meaningful strategies aimed at crafting an inclusive workforce.