Production Supervisor_Alvarado, TX
Louis Vuitton is more than a name; we are a world-class manufacturer. Louis Vuitton U.S. Manufacturing operates ateliers in California and Texas where our focus is people, quality, and safety. We encourage innovators with an entrepreneurial spirit to join our team!
Our atelier in Alvarado, TX is currently seeking Production Supervisor to join our growing team. In this role, you will supervise manufacturing processes required in the production of Louis Vuitton fine leather goods. In this role, you will be responsible for leading and motivating a team of Artisans while exceeding superior customer satisfaction.
Essential Functions: (Knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- Advocate and cultivate change management initiatives throughout Louis Vuitton U.S. Manufacturing.
- Coach and mentor Artisans by identifying developmental opportunities and recognizing accomplishments.
- Enhance production objectives and ensure that efficiency, productivity, cost, and quality standards are met.
- Manage performance, absenteeism, and employee relations while partnering with Human Resources.
- Perform weekly quality audits and conduct root cause analysis to ensure timely action plans.
- Engage in new product development initiatives to meet the client’s needs within established time frames
- Act as an environmental, health and safety champion for all associates.
- Understand team dynamics and build cross functional teams to capitalize on productivity and efficiency to meet project deadlines.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects within the company with cross functional teams.
- Participate in occasional benchmark trips to European facilities, sharing best practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned as deemed necessary and dictated by business needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Management, Engineering, Supply Chain, or equivalent work experience in lieu of a degree.
- 3-5 years’ work experience in a supervisory or lead role in a manufacturing environment.
- Bilingual English/ Spanish is preferred.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to facilitate ideas and influence direction.
- Proven knowledge of lean manufacturing principles i.e. 5S, Kaizen, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); ERP experience, i.e. JDE and/or SAP.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical benefits effective the first of the month following your start date
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Vacation Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Sick/Personal Time
- Employee Discount and access to other LVMH Brand discounts
Louis Vuitton is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Louis Vuitton is a company that respects the uniqueness of each employee and offers everyone the means to find their place and prosper. We promote initiatives aimed at supporting professional equality for everyone. We strive to go above and beyond purely symbolic measures by building a culture passionate about meaningful strategies aimed at crafting an inclusive workforce.