Under supervision of the Care Services Production Manager, this position is responsible for working as part of a team responsible for effectively repairing quality hand bags and other small leather goods.
Participates in making decisions affecting work processes, while meeting the performance standards and goals of quantity and quality required by the company.
- Manage craftsmen and coordinate daily work activities of workshop
- Communicate and enforce company rules and policies
- Track productivity goals for department and continuously motivate team to meet assigned objectives
- Develop and motivate staff through goal setting
- Conduct individual and/or department meetings as required
- Identify individual and team training needs, including; developing new hires and continual training for associates
- Conduct daily briefs with team to communicate KPIs, announcements, and other necessary information
- Perform annual reviews for team members.
- Ensure service rate is above target of 80% (under 14 days turnover) by managing capacity and performance
- Achieve quality goal of 95% good repairs at first inspection and less than 0.5% stores return’s after repair (warranty repairs to manage with customer service)
- Manage weekly capacity (available hours based on vacation/people skills) and assess material/ equipment needs
- Monitor production flows to identify obstacles or technical problems.
- Propose and implement optimal lay out for visible flows.
- Define product mix to ensure service rate over 80%
- Manage rush repairs with customer service to ensure same day or 2-day shipment.
- Partner with Central technical team to challenge standard times of best sellers.
- Ensure that LV repair/production specifications are applied working closely with Central technical team
- Ensure all machines are safe to operate
- Manage maintenance of machine with workshop mechanic
- Manage monthly shredding process with San Dimas and Supply Chain Manager
- Procure materials/tools for workshop
- Provide daily, weekly, and monthly KPIs to team and management on workshop performance and main highlights
- Minimum Education required: High School Diploma or GED
- 2 - 5 year’s job experience in similar capacity
- Knowledge of sewing on leather/canvas is a plus
- Basic math skills required for measuring
- Basic computer skills are a plus
- Detail, Quality and Safety Oriented
- Well organized
- Must be able to work independently and in team environment
- Bilingual: English/Spanish is a plus with ability to speak, read, and write English
- Must be able to work overtime as required
Louis Vuitton is a company that respects the uniqueness of each employee and offers everyone the means to find their place and prosper. We promote initiatives aimed at supporting professional equality for everyone. We strive to go above and beyond purely symbolic measures by building a culture passionate about meaningful strategies aimed at crafting an inclusive workforce.
In addition to a generous benefits package, unparalleled career development opportunities, both locally & globally, as an employee at Louis Vuitton, you can expect to be provided with industry leading training which will offer you an in-depth insight into the luxury and retail environment.