Product Developer - Alvarado, TX
Louis Vuitton, U.S. Manufacturing, Inc. proudly operates manufacturing ateliers in California and Texas where our focus is people, quality and safety. Our vision is “Proud to Craft Louis Vuitton in the USA”.
In this newly created position you will be responsible for the industrialization of new products as well as managing the demands of modification on existing products in production. You will work closely with the European facilities in co-development mode to share best practices during the industrialization of new products. This position requires collaboration with production on all product issues encountered on a regular basis and bring to resolution. This position reports to the New Product Manager.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities:
- Prepare project planning to meet the “start of sales” date, perform a risk analysis, trouble shoot and ensure follow-up.
- Prepare drawings of products and components in CAD software to meet the designer’s expectations, i.e.: esthetics and functionality.
- Ensure quality standards are met at each step of the development process, i.e.: mock-up, prototype - Go Process, and first production run - Go Prod.
- Work cohesively as a team with Process Engineering, Continuous Improvement, Production and Quality
- Apply modification demands as primary goal and ensure validation by Industrial Department in Paris or internally.
- Orders the necessary dies and jigs.
- Communicate to the Production Supervisors frequent updates on the status of modifications.
- Trains associates to ensure safety and quality requirements.
- Participates in cross functional improvement projects (organizations, workflows, change management, etc.)
- Performs other duties as assigned and deemed necessary based on business needs
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Product Development or related technical field is desired. Will consider equivalent of relevant work experience as a product technician.
- Minimum 3-5 years of product development experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Must be action oriented, quality focused and creative to contribute to unique ideas.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented, and continually changing environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in CAD drawing software and process interfaces, preferably knowledge of RCS (Lectra Software).
- Proficient in Lectra Software (Diamino, Modaris CAD, and Formaris) is a plus
- Familiar with ERP systems for tool ordering (JDE, SAP, or equivalent)
- Bilingual skills in English/Spanish (written and oral), French is a plus.
- Project Management (PM) Certificate is a plus.
We are pleased to offer the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life insurance and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- 401k Plan with employer match
- Profit Share Plan
- Employee discount program
Louis Vuitton is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.