Process Engineer - San Dimas, CA
Louis Vuitton, U.S. Manufacturing, Inc. proudly operates manufacturing ateliers in California and Texas where our focus is people, quality, and safety. Our vision is “Proud to Craft Louis Vuitton in the USA”.
Our atelier in San Dimas, CA is seeking a highly creative, project oriented, and customer focused Process Engineer. In this role, you will be involved in production process improvements and new product development as you work collaboratively with a creative and dynamic team, ensuring that our manufacturing processes cater to meet our client needs according to the Louis Vuitton promise.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Use continuous improvement methods to identify and implement product and process improvement projects in the manufacturing of our luxury handbags; while achieving KPI’s in quality, cost, service, and safety
- Lead new product introductions per schedule and ensure a smooth transition into manufacturing while meeting established operational, quality, cost, service, and safety metrics
- Provide direct, technical support to production and assists with all manufacturing and quality-related issues
- Work cross functionally with Product Development, Production and Maintenance and other departments throughout the workshop in the U.S. and Europe
- Conduct Time Study (standard and time minimum repeatable (TMR))
- Define the right workstation organization taking into consideration ergonomics and safety to ensure the highest standards of quality while ensuring a safe work environment
- Perform benchmarking to identify best suitable technologies and systems for equipment, tools, and fixtures for new or existing product or process changes
- Responsible for leading the recommendations and decision-making regarding equipment needs/selection and capital investment, calculate Return on Investment (ROI)
- Keep abreast of all new processes and technology developments i.e.: tools, machinery and other equipment related to our manufacturing environment
- Ensure the safety guidelines are followed
- Participate in improvement projects within the company
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Process, Textiles)
- 3+ year’s relevant manufacturing experience in a Lean Manufacturing Environment
- As an innovative leader, have initiative and excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects of varying complexity
- Must be able to work independently and as a member of a team
- Demonstrated ability to effectively assist production floor personnel in resolving technical issues
- Possess good judgment as it relates to creative ideas with the ability to manage the creative process with others
- Bilingual English/Spanish highly preferred; French is desired
By joining Louis Vuitton US Manufacturing, you will receive a generous benefits package, including but not limited to medical coverage, retirement plan, life insurance, and employee discounts. In addition to working with some of the most talented and inspirational leaders within the luxury market you will also have an opportunity to attend industry renowned training and have access to unparalleled career opportunities both within Louis Vuitton and the LVMH Group.
Louis Vuitton is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.