Merchandising Assistant- WRTW
Louis Vuitton is seeking a Women's Ready to Wear Merchandising Assistant based in the New York City office. The Merchandising Assistant is an integral member supporting in driving the business of the stores in the Americas and support the Regional / Retail teams on product-related issues.
As a member of our WRTW Merchandising team, you will:
- Build lookbooks, order sheets and packing lists - coordinate sample delivery between Paris, corporate and stores, and support ad-hoc event needs. Build run of show and supporting materials for product trainings prior to events. Support in-person as needed.
- Coordinate event logistics, manage attendee list, develop invitations and welcome packages. Support with ad-hoc needs.
- Competitive analysis & prepare power point recaps on trends, actions, events.
- Monitor overall sample inventory through Fashion GPS and the sample tracker.
- Partner with Merchandising Managers to build and update excel/power point/web-based tools for stores or Merch team that include product launch plans, assortment modelarios, buy books, bi-weekly product focus/tools for newsletter
- Lead retail product requests and questions with detailed follow-up start to finish.
- Sales reporting: work in NEMO database to generate a variety of sales reports in Excel that recap to the business and compile PowerPoint recaps.
We are eager to speak to individuals with experience in merchandising, with strong product sensibility, ability to develop knowledge of competitive trends and passion for the industry, luxury product and retail. The ideal candidate will have sophisticated Microsoft Excel (functions, formulas, macros, vlookups, pivots) and PowerPoint (animations, sophisticated formatting, design) skills, as well as outstanding interpersonal skills. Additionally, the ability to understand and leverage product and financial reports to drive business, strong analytic and proficiency in foreign language (preferably French) is a plus!
By joining Louis Vuitton, you will receive a generous benefits package*, including but not limited to medical coverage, retirement plan, employee referral bonus program, gym membership and employee discounts. In addition to working with the most talented and inspirational leaders within the luxury market you will also have an opportunity to attend industry renowned training and have access to unparalleled career opportunities both within Louis Vuitton and the LVMH Group.
As a Louis Vuitton employee you will have an opportunity to engage in our Corporate Social Responsibility efforts on both a local & global level with various communities and organizations and to also partake in initiatives to raise funds for our charity partner UNICEF.
- Please note that restrictions may apply to part-time employees