MANAGER IP PROTECTION SOUTH EUROPE
01 March 2021
Co-ordinating IP enforcement for South Europe for LOUIS VUITTON MALLETIER.
- Responsible for managing, developing and implementing the Company’s brand protection strategies in running a network of Lawyers and Investigators.
- Designing, implementing and following litigation strategy (C&D letters, civil and criminal litigation, mediation, negotiations).
- Working with law enforcement agencies on a range of domestic and cross-border intellectual property protection matters.
- Gathering and processing information about counterfeit merchandise through various contacts (store managers, country manager, investigators, law enforcement, lawyers, etc.)
- Developing in-depth investigations to dismantle criminal networks in close co-operation with the anti-counterfeiting managers in the other zones.
- Developing raids and actions through cost effective and deterrent enforcement programs to reduce the visibility of counterfeiting.
- Training law enforcement, investigators and lawyers.
- Performing the above within budget constraints and assist management in preparing and implementing the annual budget and objectives.
- STUDIES: LLB equivalent (LLM in Intellectual Property is required).
- EXPERIENCE (TYPE AND LENGTH): Experience of 10 years with a Law Firm, preference for In-House Counsel experiences. Specialized in Brand enforcement and Anti-Counterfeiting struggle.
- ABILITIES AND PROFESSIONAL QUALITIES: Strong Management skills, sense of communication and relationship, action and service oriented, reactivity, ability to analyze, summarize and prioritize, autonomy, good analysis of people and situations, ability to talk in public, team player, good writing skills, sense of reporting, hard-worker, trustworthy and open-minded person.
- LANGUAGES: English (fluent) – Italian (fluent or native) – French is a plus.
- MISCELLANEOUS: The position includes frequent travels in the country and abroad.