Under the supervision of the Production Supervisor, this position is responsible for repairing and maintaining all equipment in production department with a focus on customer service and safety.
- Ensure daily operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing thorough preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, production machines, and electrical components on production floor machinery; by following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications
- Completes all projects in a safe and timely manner with a focus on customer service (i.e. installation of new production equipment, workshop reorganization, modifying existing equipment, workstation improvements, etc.)
- Identify root cause problems by observing mechanical devices in operation
- Determine changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rulers, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments
- Ability to use various mechanical tools to modify machine dimension
- Prepares daily summary work status reports for business continuity
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, policies, and regulations
- Assess and correct near misses and proactively participate in safety program
- Participate in improvement projects within the company
- General facilities maintenance (i.e. assemble, disassemble furniture, assist in production floor layout changes, etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned and deemed necessary based on business needs
- Technical skills for trouble shooting (mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems)
- Knowledge of sewing equipment preferred
- Prior knowledge of skiving and splitting machines, and the use of various blades
- Fabricating skills: ability to design and create tools, modify equipment
- Computer Literate: PLC (Pro Logic Control Systems) preferred
- Knowledge of maintenance workorder instructions
- Language: English/Spanish proficiency
- Work well in fast paced, hands-on environment.
- Great communication skills, action-oriented attitude essential
- Ability to multi-task multiple projects, while prioritizing key projects within production environment
Louis Vuitton is a company that respects the uniqueness of each employee and offers everyone the means to find their place and prosper. We promote initiatives aimed at supporting professional equality for everyone. We strive to go above and beyond purely symbolic measures by building a culture passionate about meaningful strategies aimed at crafting an inclusive workforce.
In addition to a generous benefits package, unparalleled career development opportunities, both locally & globally, as an employee at Louis Vuitton, you can expect to be provided with industry leading training which will offer you an in-depth insight into the luxury and retail environment.