Maintenance Mechanic - Alvarado, TX
Louis Vuitton is more than a name; we are a world-class manufacturer. LVUSM operates ateliers in California and Texas where our focus is people, quality, and safety. We encourage innovators with an entrepreneurial spirit to join our team!
Louis Vuitton U.S. Manufacturing, Inc. (LVUSM) in Alvarado, TX is currently seeking a Maintenance Mechanic. As a Maintenance Mechanic you will be responsible for repairing and maintaining all equipment on the production lines with a focus on customer service and safety.
Full-time Shifts: Monday – Friday: 6:00 am – 2:30 pm (days) & 2:30 pm – 11:00 pm (evenings)
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Complete all projects in a safe and timely fashion with a focus on customer service (i.e. installation of new production lines, workshop modernization, create jigs and dies, workstation improvements, etc.)
- Ensure daily operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing detailed preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, and production machines by following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications
- Support Operations by working multi-functionally as a team with Product Developers, Process Engineers, Continuous Improvement Engineers, and Production Supervisors
- Determine changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts, using rulers, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Prepare daily work status reports for business continuity between shifts.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by following rules and regulations.
- Other duties as requested.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Technical Degree (2 years) in Electro-Mechanics or related technical field preferred.
- Minimum 2 years as an industrial mechanic required.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus.
- Knowledge of sewing equipment is preferred.
- Technical skills for troubleshooting mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulics, and milling machines.
- Fabricating skills: the ability to design and create tools, jigs, etc. is required.
- Computer Literate: PLC (Programmable Logistic Controls); MS Word, Outlook, Excel.
- Prior experience with Comelz Integrated Technology, such as vacuum systems, and cutting machines.
- Prior knowledge of skiving machines and use of various blades preferred.
- Knowledge of Maintenance work order software
- Meticulous, analytical, and possess excellent organizational skills
LVUSM is a company that respects the uniqueness of each employee and offers everyone the means to find their place and thrive. We are pleased to offer the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
- 401k Plan with employer match
- Profit Share Plan
- Paid time off that includes 10 paid holidays and 5 shutdown days
- Employee discount program
- …and much more
Louis Vuitton is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Louis Vuitton is a company that respects the uniqueness of each employee and offers everyone the means to find their place and prosper. We promote initiatives aimed at supporting professional equality for everyone. We strive to go above and beyond purely symbolic measures by building a culture passionate about meaningful strategies aimed at crafting an inclusive workforce.