LVJ/Legal Staff/ Legal Specialist / Legal Senior Specialist
To provide general legal advice and support to the business of Louis Vuitton.
To support General Counsel.
To ensure adequate compliance (in clouding French Anti-bribery Act) and data protection.
- Report to General Counsel Louis Vuitton Japan
- All departments and all staffs of Louis Vuitton Japan
- Assistants and administration staffs in Louis Vuitton Japan
- Legal team in LV headquarters and other countries
- Legal Counsels in LVMH Japan and other countries
- Relevant government authorities in Japan
- Professional/ legal Associations
- External Law Firms
- To ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations, policies and guidelines and seek advice from appropriate authorities in the relevant jurisdiction or legal expert when required.
- To review, draft and negotiate commercial contracts including service agreements, marketing agreements, sales and purchase contracts, construction-related contracts, leases, etc which get alignment with the General Counsel
- To support actively identify areas of risk and engage with local management team and relevant functional stakeholders to resolve the issues.
- To perform any other legally related responsibilities as necessary or directed.
- To monitor and work with external lawyers as necessary and to manage legal cost.
- To handle Corporate Secretary matters (Board of Directors Meeting Minutes management)
- To handle Contract Management and its process
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES (Cont’d)
- To support General Counsel and Liaise with LVM Legal team and LVMH Japan Legal team on legal work related to Japan.
- To support General Counsel when Louis Vuitton Japan has a dispute or litigation
- To ensure compliance and data protection is in accordance with the local law and follow the LVMH global guidelines.
- Legal Counsel of other local LVMH brands including LVMH KK, MHD, etc.
- Education: Qualified Japan commonwealth law practitioner or Japan law lawyer with a law degree.
- Experience: At least 5 years’ experience as legal counsel, para legal or legal staff preferably in retail business sector.
- Language: Fluent Japanese and English (both written and spoken).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to develop good work relationship with all other departments.
- Highly motivated and willing to take on multiple responsibilities at once.
Loves Louis Vuitton, fashion and fashion industry.
- Respects craftmanship
- High integrity, self-motivated and practical.
- Ability to work under stress.
- Experience in retail business is a plus.