Logistics CI Engineer (Supply Chain Engineer) - San Dimas, CA
Louis Vuitton is more than a name; we are a world-class manufacturer. LVUSM operates ateliers in California and Texas where our focus is people, quality, and safety. We encourage innovators with an entrepreneurial spirit to join our team!
Our atelier in San Dimas, CA is currently seeking a Logistics CI Engineer (Supply Chain Engineer) responsible for supporting our KPI's follow-up within the Supply Chain and Logistics department and to implement and improve processes and flows within the Supply Chain, Logistics and Warehouse teams. This role reports to the Supply Chain and Logistics Director. Joining our team means directly participating in the development of our products, contributing to the achievement of our manufacturing and quality objectives, and thus meeting the needs of the Louis Vuitton client in the United States.
- Keep detailed records, generate Dashboard, and develop presentations to support the Leadership Team in understanding the Supply chain, Logistics and Warehouse perspectives.
- To monitor continuous improvement opportunities to streamline process and improve accuracy within operations (Kaizen animations, regular audit actions follow up etc..).
- Actively optimize the warehouse layout (storage surfaces and location)
- To Improve the logistics processes (receiving, put away, picking, preparations, packing, shipping)
- Lead testing, implement and control those improvements.
- To be the main interface for projects and performance interface with Finance, Production, Technical and Quality departments (DMAIC approach)
- Track, monitor, and report regularly on the status of projects
- To benchmark and implement best practices from other LV facilities in EUROPE
- To build strong logistics partnership with Retail Logistics department (green projects, upcycling)
- External Benchmark and stay up to date on warehousing technology, safety and process updates
- Perform other duties as assigned and/or dictated by business needs
- To be an active member of the new strategic SAP project implementation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management; Operations Management or Industrial Engineering with a focus on Supply Chain. APICS certification is a plus.
- 5-8 years’ relevant experience in manufacturing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service mindset
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles and tools (Value Stream Mapping, reducing waste, etc.)
- Microsoft Office suite with high proficiency in Excel; experience with Power BI/Tableau is a plus
- Excellent understanding of ERP & MRP systems. JDE and SAP experience is highly desired
- Ability to work in a fast paced, results oriented and continually changing work environment
- Spanish and French language skills are a plus
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical benefits effective the first of the month following your start date
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Vacation Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Sick/Personal Time
- Employee Discount and access to other LVMH Brand discounts
Louis Vuitton is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Louis Vuitton is a company that respects the uniqueness of each employee and offers everyone the means to find their place and prosper. We promote initiatives aimed at supporting professional equality for everyone. We strive to go above and beyond purely symbolic measures by building a culture passionate about meaningful strategies aimed at crafting an inclusive workforce.