Junior Revenue Accountant
As a Junior Revenue Accountant you will report into the Finance Manager and will support all functions associated with the Accounts Receivable process, with an emphasis on the accurate and timely posting and reconciliation of all cash and credit card receipts. You will ensure that all Accounts Receivable processing and posting is complete in advance of the month-end reporting deadlines.
- Responsible for reviewing daily sales reconciliations for free standing stores, follow up and resolving on reconciling differences.
- Responsible for reconciliation of credit card receipts and cash receipts, including foreign cash receipts, through to the bank statements for free standing stores and following up and resolving reconciling differences.
- Correspondence with credit card companies on chargeback requests and issues.
- Verification of wire transfer receipts through to the bank statement prior to release of the products to the customer.
- Administration of Gift vouchers, Credit notes and Customer deposits and reconciliation in Accounting records.
- Reconciliation of Balance Sheet accounts ensuring that all discrepancies are identified and resolved in a timely manner.
- Reviewing AR ageing to ensure compliance
- Monitoring the interface from Retail system to Accounting system and from Bank to Accounting system.
- Reconciliation of AML report with store receipts.
- Supplying the stores with all necessary sales stationery supplies
- Preparing the quarterly VAT returns
- Updating weekly the exchange rates in the retail system
- Assistance with other ad hoc projects as and when required
Required Qualifications/Primary Job Requirements:
- 1-2 years of Accounts Receivable related work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel is essential
- Must be organized, dedicated, and energetic and be able to manage large volume of transactions
- Strong attention to detail
- Good verbal communication
- Polite telephone manner
- Experience with SAP is mandatory
- Dynamic and pro-active approach