Intellectual Property Manager Turkey
Louis Vuitton Malletier is a world-renowned fashion house producing leather goods, handbags, trunks, shoes, watches, jewelry and accessories among others. Louis Vuitton Malletier's intellectual property assets are highly valued, easily recognizable and distinguish our products.
Louis Vuitton Malletier has a dedicated Intellectual Property Department, managing over 18.000 intellectual property rights including trademarks, designs and copyrights with support of 250 agents around the world.
The fight against counterfeiting is a long-term element of Louis Vuitton's worldwide sustainability strategy aimed at preserving creativity, supporting consumers and fighting illegality.
This role will be responsible for developing and implementing our brand protection strategy in Turkey co-jointly with a network of attorneys and investigators and will report and coordinate with the Intellectual Property Department team.
- Developing and implementing the brand protection strategies,
- Designing, implementing and following litigation strategy, notably including C&D letters, civil and criminal litigation, meditation and negotiations, including notably participating in activities related thereto including investigations, raids and hearings,
- Gathering and processing in a presentable and business ready manner information and evidence related to counterfeit merchandise and businesses involved in counterfeiting, including notably test purchases, product identification and further support and follow-up,
- Developing in-depth investigations aiming at dismantling criminal networks in close collaboration with the Intellectual Property Department team,
- Working and collaborating closely with external partners, including law enforcement agencies on a wide range of domestic and cross-border enforcement matters,
- Providing product identification trainings to stores, external teams and law enforcement agencies,
- Performing all the above within ethical standards and budget constraints and assisting the Intellectual Property Department in preparing and implementing the annual budget and objectives.
- LLB or equivalent, LLM in Intellectual Property is required,
- 5 years of relevant experience preferably as in-house counsel with experience in handling litigation matters and external investigations,
- Turkish mandatory, fluent in English; French a plus,
- Excellent sense of communication and relationship within the team and with external partners,
- Independent, open-minded, autonomous, trustworthy, hard worker and respectable to internal and external team partners and members,
- Strong organizational skills,
- Good in resolving situations with strong negotiation skills,
- Reactive, action and service oriented with attention to detail, strong analytic skills, good writing skills and an excellent sense of reporting within tight deadlines,
- Required to travel in Turkey and abroad,
- Able to talk in public.