Field Coach Trainer
FIELD COACH TRAINER – Netherlands based
As a Field Coach Trainer your mission is to support and develop retail teams in delivering the client experience to the benefit of store business. Through local execution of corporate strategy, you will train and coach the retail teams, with the focus on coaching the store management teams, to develop the Client Advisors to become ambassadors of Brand culture, values and products.
Your role is to partner with store management teams to deliver the learning path, enable retail teams to enhance client experience and develop skills to engage our Clients.
Regular travel within the Benelux & Nordics Region is required.
Duties & responsibilities
As part of the Louis Vuitton Benelux & Nordics learning team, you facilitate the learning strategy within your defined stores, partnering with store management teams. You define the roll-out plan to best contribute to business growth, answering to the needs of the stores through selling skills, product training and active coaching.
You will spend about 80-90% of your time in stores, between coaching and in-store learning.
Coaching and learning at the heart of team performance
- Lead a culture of in-store coaching. You will observe interactions with clients on the floor and through active listening and questioning, you will coach individual team members to draw out their own solution to improve and develop.
- You will support store management teams in building individual coaching plans after performing gap analysis of their teams, and in coaching their teams on selling skills through coaching the coach.
- Provide on-going feedback to Store Managers and HR on the performance/progress of individual team members.
- Leverage on Client Experience Benchmark results to coach individuals and support the store to improve areas of weakness.
- Drive key learning initiatives, e.g. “Client Experience”, through active and sustained in-store coaching contributing to the culture of shop-floor focus and positive recognition.
- In collaboration with the Merchandising team, actively facilitate product training, including new launches, for store population. Develop skills of silhouette building combining product information with selling skills in order to optimize cross-selling. You will leverage on role play and on-the-floor coaching to enhance the benefits to the Client
- Ensure the store management team has full visibility on learning activities (progress, required actions, concerns etc.) making recommendations as needed.
- Manage and monitor the quality and impact of all in-store learning via follow up, partnering with the store management team, maintaining an active shop floor presence to observe subsequent implementation and ensure true retention of training contents.
- Identify potential talent within the store to develop and partner in coaching others.
- Ensure all training is recorded.
- Facilitate on-boarding of new employees.
- Ensure a consistent on-boarding for all new
- Liaise with HR to ensure proactive planning for new employees.
- Ensure regular liaison with trainees, giving feedback on progress to the individual, their manager and HR during onboarding and induction.
- General duties not specifically related to learning
- Act as a platform for sharing of experience / best practices among the stores on coaching initiatives/programs.
- Lead by example in terms of the company’s policies and procedures.
- Exemplary personal service and Louis Vuitton grooming standards
- Previous experience as a Manager in a luxury retail environment is required
- You are an active listener who is curious and empathetic.
- You are autonomous and highly driven, able to work independently in a fast-moving field.
- You are skilled in influencing and motivating others.
- You have a commercial mindset and proven learning and coaching aptitude in previous roles
- Strong command of English; strong command of Dutch and French is an advantage