Espace Louis Vuitton Staff/LVJ
The Espace Louis Vuitton is a cultural space within Louis Vuitton, dedicated to the “Hors-Les-Murs (Beyond the Wall)” programme presenting artworks from the Collection of the Fondation Louis Vuitton.
The mission of our department is to give the general public, the opportunity to discover the artistic and cultural activities of the Fondation Louis Vuitton and its Collection in the Espaces in Tokyo and in Osaka. In order to achieve this mission, each of the team members is involved in the implementation of the exhibitions and follow the whole process from the start of the project to the activities for the public once the exhibition has started, to enhance its visibility and visitor’s satisfaction.
Support of the central “Art, Culture & Heritage” team to handle artworks in Louis Vuitton Store.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties to co-work in conjunction with the director:
Exhibition preparation and implementation
Direct communication with:
- LVM Espace team
- Scenography designer appointed by central team
- Exhibition space constructor
- Transportation company
- Professional art conservator
- Coordination with Omotesando/Midosuji Stores
Attend the transportation, delivery, unpacking/packing of all “physical” artworks.
(Long-term or multiple short stay required for Osaka preparation according to the exhibition content)
Exhibition preparation (communication tools)
- Translation check and text correction of necessary tools (texts placed in the exhibition space, PR release, flyer etc.)
- Printed materials and website
- Communication with LVM team and LVJ teams related to the content.
- Provide LVJ Corporate PR team necessary information about the exhibition.
- Artwork’s exhibition environment observation
- Exhibition attendant training
- Weekly exhibition report preparation
- Private tour organization and tour guide.
- Organize public programs
- Develop institutional or corporate relationship to organize regular tours.
Artworks in Louis Vuitton Stores
- Attend the deinstallation/installation, delivery (upon necessity)
- Condition report preparation
- Coordination with Stores/Store Planning dept. / art handling and transportation company
- Direct contact with LVM team
Handle Team Administration
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Interest in art (contemporary art and art in general)
- Meticulous and accurate, persevering mind-set
- Self-starter and fast learner
- Flexible and logical thinker
- Capacity of adaptation to changes and unexpected situation.
- Extroverted, open-mindedness to the clients (visitors and guests) and other departments within the company
- Interest in fashion and luxury Maison (to understand Espace positioning)
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Over 3 years of exhibition handling experiences.
- Artwork’s conservation knowledge
- Good level of English (equiv. TOEIC score 800 and over)
- Good PC skill (Microsoft Office)