Employee Relations Manager
Louis Vuitton is seeking an Employee Relations Manager that will support both Louis Vuitton Americas and Berluti with a focus on US Retail administering policies and programs in the following areas, Employee Relations, Performance Management, Compliance and general HR policy and procedures. This role will handle all day-to-day employee relations for retail employees, including disciplinary action, coaching and counseling, internal investigations and terminations. The Employee Relations Manager will develop and provide formal training to the management population on Employee Relations topics, while also providing informal coaching to managers on HR skills and employment law
- Handles all day-to-day employee relations issues for store employees - including disciplinary action, coaching and counseling, internal investigations and terminations. Ensure consistency in decision making, along with compliance with local law.
- Relies on pre-established guidelines and instructions to advise managers and employees.
- Review, or prepare, written documentation such as corrective actions, performance improvement plans, job abandonment letters, etc.
- Develops and provides formal training to management population on Employee Relations topics.
- Provides informal coaching to managers on human relations skills (supervision, discipline, etc) and employment law.
- Partners with Employment Counsel on employment cases and implementation of any new employment legislation
- Develops and implements innovative strategies impacting employee morale, improvement of performance, workplace culture, workplace environment training.
- Manages electronic learning management system for all Employee Relations trainings and ensure compliance with all legally required harassment trainings
- Manages electronic background check system
- Assists with employee termination packages as it relates to store closings/job eliminations.
- Reports and tracks all employee documentation and investigations, analyze data for patterns and trends, management review and identification of training opportunities.
- Manages religious accommodation process.
- Maintain all relevant Employee Relations documentation used by HR Generalists and management
Policies and Procedures
- Compiles and documents HR policies and procedures data from competitors/industry literature and presents recommendations to management.
- Assists with HR projects as needed
We are eager to speak to individuals with 3-5 years of progressively responsible HR experience with exposure to Employee Relations, with strong computer skills specifically in Microsoft Excel, report writing and Human Resource Information Systems. The ideal candidate will possess a positive approach with a solution orientated mindset and the ability to build professional and working relationships. Additionally, the Employee Relations Manager will be trustworthy and discreet, with outstanding interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
By joining Louis Vuitton, you will receive a generous benefits package*, including but not limited to medical coverage, retirement plan, employee referral bonus program, gym membership and employee discounts. In addition to working with the most talented and inspirational leaders within the luxury market you will also have an opportunity to attend industry renowned training and have access to unparalleled career opportunities both within Louis Vuitton and the LVMH Group.
As a Louis Vuitton employee you will have an opportunity to engage in our Corporate Social Responsibility efforts on both a local & global level with various communities and organizations and to also partake in initiatives to raise funds for our charity partner UNICEF.
Louis Vuitton is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.
*Please note that restrictions may apply to part-time employees