Continuous Improvement Manager - San Dimas, CA
Louis Vuitton, U.S. Manufacturing, Inc. proudly operates manufacturing ateliers in California and Texas where our focus is people, quality and safety. Our vision is “Proud to Craft Louis Vuitton in the USA”.
The Louis Vuitton atelier in San Dimas, CA is currently seeking a Continuous Improvement Manager. In this role you will be responsible for researching, planning, training, executing and facilitating operational improvement programs in order to create a culture of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing that leads to associate empowerment, elimination of waste and KPI improvement (safety, quality, productivity, lead time, service and cost). This position reports to the General Manager.
- Lead the Continuous Improvement process of the site
- Define priorities and areas for continuous improvement in order to increase the overall performance of the activities in collaboration with other Leadership Team members
- Manage the continuous improvement plan by defining short and medium-term areas of progress and ensuring the standardization of processes.
- Improve the performance (security, quality, costs and deadlines) using Lean Manufacturing tools: identify losses, recommend corrective actions, etc.
- Elaborate action plans by evaluating the relevance and profitability of these actions (return on investment, organizational impact, quality impact, etc.)
- Lead, coordinate, follow improvement and problem-solving projects: VSM, Kaizen, 5S, MRP, etc.
Develop and update standards:
- Implement the standards of new products: establish the standard time for new products
- Determine and implement time laws and standard subsections
- Update product toolkits based on observed improvements
- Manage and develop Continuous Improvement teams
- Ensure the induction and training of CI engineers, especially to continuous improvement tools (Green Belt) and method tools (time)
- Manage their skill improvement and development
- Structure the CI engineers' projects and actions according to a DMAIC approach
- Supervise the methods dimension of the site: time and manufacturing costs control, definition of standard times and time standards, etc.
Actively contribute to the CI Managers network:
- Promote the site lean initiatives
- Perform internal and external benchmarks
- Share best practices and facilitate their dissemination within internal and external sites
- Participate and lead cross-functional working groups (e.g. product clusters)
Reporting to the Leadership Team:
- Manage the budget dedicated to continuous improvement for the facilities
- Submit proposals and improvements for any operating mode of the site
- Assist managers in achieving changes, promote Short Interval Management (SIM)
- Provide Lean training for all site teams
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering with an emphasis in Lean Manufacturing
- Minimum of 5 years' of relevant experience in implementation of operational improvement within a manufacturing environment
- Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to facilitate and influence direction
- Knowledge of lean concepts and tools (5S, Value Stream Mapping, visual workplace, flow and pull manufacturing, etc.)
- Ability to motivate tams and lead change at all levels of the organization
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong team orientation, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service focused
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented, and continually changing environment
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Willing to invest time and energy in continuous learning of lean principles and tools
- Knowledge of prior training of Toyota Production System (TPS)
Louis Vuitton is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.