Continuous Improvement Engineer - San Dimas, CA
Louis Vuitton, U.S. Manufacturing, Inc. proudly operates manufacturing ateliers in Texas and California where our focus is people, quality, and safety. Our vision is "Proud to Craft Louis Vuitton in the USA".
We are currently seeking a Continuous Improvement Engineer to join our team. In this position you will have the opportunity to facilitate operational improvement programs to create a culture of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing. You will be responsible for researching, planning, and executing lean programs and be responsible for empowering associates to achieve our KPI’s (safety, quality, productivity, lead time, service, and cost). This position reports to the Continuous Improvement Manager.
• Act as a change agent in the organization by driving change and implementing continuous improvement processes, while utilizing and improving existing methodologies.
• Promote Lean Manufacturing practices by educating the organization in the use of lean principles.
• Utilize Lean Manufacturing tools (i.e., value stream mapping, Kaizen, 5S, Gemba walks, root cause problem solving) to identify and develop solutions that drive operational improvement.
• Provide leadership by mentoring associates in the use of lean tools, ensuring transfer of knowledge, and creating a culture of continuous improvement.
• Coach, guide, empower, and mentor production artisans and supervisors in the use of Lean manufacturing tools.
• Collect and analyze data on plant processes, procedure, and performance using evaluation tools and make recommendations for improvement to Leadership Team.
• Track, Monitor, and report regularly on status of projects.
• Monitor product and process improvement milestones to ensure on-time completion and sustainability.
• Analyze, develop, ratify, implement, and standardize manufacturing best practices across the network.
• Audit all established Lean Manufacturing processes to ensure sustainability.
Minimum Job Requirements (Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering with an emphasis in Lean Manufacturing.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience in implementation of operational improvement within the manufacturing environment.
- Bilingual English/ Spanish preferred. French is a plus.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to facilitate and influence direction.
- Knowledge of lean concepts and tools (5S, visual workplace, pull manufacturing, etc.).
- Ability to motivate teams and lead change at all levels of the organization.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong team orientation and ability to work cross-functionally.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service focused.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented, and continually changing environment.
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power Point.
- Willing to invest time and energy in continuous learning of lean principles and tools.
Louis Vuitton is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.