Continuous Improvement Engineer - Alvarado, TX
Louis Vuitton is more than a name we are a world-class manufacturer. LVUSM operates ateliers in California and Texas where our focus is people, quality, and safety. We encourage innovators with an entrepreneurial spirit to join our team!
We are currently seeking a Continuous Improvement Engineer to join our team. In this position you will have the opportunity to facilitate operational improvement programs to create a culture of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing. You will be responsible for researching, planning, and executing lean programs and be responsible for empowering associates to achieve our KPI’s (safety, quality, productivity, lead time, service, and cost). This position reports to the Continuous Improvement Manager.
- Act as a change agent in the organization by driving change and implementing continuous improvement processes, while utilizing and improving existing methodologies.
- Use Lean Manufacturing tools (i.e., value stream mapping, Kaizen, 5S, Gemba walks, root cause problem solving) to identify and develop solutions that drive operational improvement.
- Provide leadership by mentoring associates in the use of lean tools, ensuring transfer of knowledge, and creating a culture of continuous improvement.
- Coach, guide, empower, and mentor production artisans and supervisors in the use of Lean manufacturing tools.
- Collect and analyze data on plant processes, procedure, and performance using evaluation tools and make recommendations for improvement to Leadership Team.
- Monitor product and process improvement milestones to ensure on-time completion and sustainability.
- Analyze, develop, ratify, implement, and standardize manufacturing best practices across the network.
- Audit all established Lean Manufacturing processes to ensure sustainability.
Minimum Job Requirements (Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or related field, with an emphasis in Lean Manufacturing
- Minimum 3-5 years of proven experience in implementation of operational improvement within the manufacturing environment
- Bilingual English/ Spanish preferred. French is a plus
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to facilitate and influence direction.
- Knowledge of lean concepts and tools (5S, visual workplace, pull manufacturing, etc.)
- Ability to empower teams and lead change at all levels of the organization.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, Visio, or AutoCAD; Power BI a plus
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical benefits effective the first of the month following your start date
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Vacation Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Sick/Personal Time
- Employee Discount and access to other LVMH Brand discounts
Louis Vuitton is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Louis Vuitton is a company that respects the uniqueness of each employee and offers everyone the means to find their place and prosper. We promote initiatives aimed at supporting professional equality for everyone. We strive to go above and beyond purely symbolic measures by building a culture passionate about meaningful strategies aimed at crafting an inclusive workforce.