Continuous Improvement (CI) Engineer - Irwindale/San Dimas, CA
Louis Vuitton is more than a name; we are a world-class manufacturer. LVUSM operates ateliers in California and Texas where our focus is people, quality, and safety. We encourage innovators with an entrepreneurial spirit to join our team!
Our ateliers in Irwindale and San Dimas are currently seeking a Continuous Improvement Engineer. In this position you will have the opportunity to facilitate operational improvement programs to create a culture of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing. You will be responsible for researching, planning, and implementing lean programs and be responsible for empowering associates to achieve our KPI’s (safety, quality, productivity, lead time, service, and cost). This position reports to the Continuous Improvement Manager.
Essential Functions (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Act as a change agent in the organization by motivating change and implementing continuous improvement processes, while applying and improving existing methodologies.
- Utilize Lean Manufacturing tools to identify and develop solutions that drive operational improvement.
- Provide leadership by mentoring associates in the use of lean tools, ensuring transfer of knowledge, and creating a culture of continuous improvement.
- Collect and analyze data on plant processes, procedure, and performance using evaluation tools and make recommendations for improvement to the Leadership Team.
- Supervise product and process improvement landmarks to ensure on-time completion and sustainability.
- Analyze, develop, ratify, implement, and standardize manufacturing best practices across the network.
- Audit all established Lean Manufacturing processes to ensure sustainability.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering with an emphasis in Lean Manufacturing.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience in implementation of operational improvement within the manufacturing environment.
- Bilingual English/ Spanish preferred. French is a plus.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to facilitate and influence direction.
- Knowledge of lean concepts and tools (5S, visual workplace, mistake proofing, PDCA, standard work, etc.)
- Knowledge of Industrial Engineering tools (Time studies, Layouts, KPIs, Value Added/Non-Value-added Analysis, etc.)
- Ability to motivate teams and lead change at all levels of the organization.
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power Point, Visio, Power Bi.
- Willing to invest time and energy in continuous learning of lean principles and tools.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical benefits effective the first of the month following your start date
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Vacation Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Sick/Personal Time
- Employee Discount and access to other LVMH Brand discounts
Louis Vuitton is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Louis Vuitton is a company that respects the uniqueness of each employee and offers everyone the means to find their place and prosper. We promote initiatives aimed at supporting professional equality for everyone. We strive to go above and beyond purely symbolic measures by building a culture passionate about meaningful strategies aimed at crafting an inclusive workforce.