Under the supervison of the After Sales Client Services Production Manager, this position is reponsible for repairing various Louis Vuitton products to include, but not limited to handbags, wallets, luggage trunks, etc. from beginning to end.
- Repair products in accordance with Louis Vuitton quality specifications and guidelines
- Ability to work in sewing, painting and cutting as necessary
- Ability to work with manual tools and equipment provided in the repair process
- Examine products to verify conformance to quality standards
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and company policies and procedures
- Good attendance and punctuality
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work area
- Detail oriented with all aspects of the production process
- Identify improvement opportunities
- Respectful to others as well as to the equipment and facility
- Report any discrepancies immediately to supervisor
- Effectively work independently and communicate within a team environment
- Participate in improvement projects within the company
- Perform other duties as assigned and/or deemed by business demands to meet department goals
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related
duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of Louis Vuitton/San Dimas Luggage.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Minimum Education required: High School Diploma or GED
- 0-3 years of experience in a similar capacity
- Pass manual dexterity/ sewing test
- Knowledge of sewing on leather/canvas is a plus
- Basic math skills required for measuring
- Basic computer skills are a plus
- Detail, Quality and Safety Oriented
- Self-motivator with the ability to complete a repair from beginning to end
- Bilingual: English/Spanish is a plus with ability to speak, read, and write English
- Must be able to work overtime as required by the demands of the business
Typical Working Conditions:
- Indoors in an air-conditioned repairs workshop
-Sewing machines (flat, medium, long-arm, mid post, high post), skiving machine, creasing machine, sanding machine, rivet/ press machine, cutting press, oven, burner, tourniquet press
-Manual tools include, but not limited to pliers, hammer, screw drivers, ice pick, bone, blade, needles, unstitcher, eraser, scissors, small paint brushes, ruler, compass, lighters, pre-heated spatulas, iron etc.
Essential Physical Tasks:
- Required to sit or stand at own option for extended periods of time. Accurate use of hands to finger, handle, feel, and/ or reach with hands or arms. It is occasionally required to walk, hear and talk. Must be able to lift or move products and/or spare parts. Vision abilities require close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus in order to ensure quality of products (i.e. thread must be within 1 mm in length)
Louis Vuitton is a company that respects the uniqueness of each employee and offers everyone the means to find their place and prosper. We promote initiatives aimed at supporting professional equality for everyone. We strive to go above and beyond purely symbolic measures by building a culture passionate about meaningful strategies aimed at crafting an inclusive workforce.
In addition to a generous benefits package, unparalleled career development opportunities, both locally & globally, as an employee at Louis Vuitton, you can expect to be provided with industry leading training which will offer you an in-depth insight into the luxury and retail environment.