Artisan (Production/Sewing) - Alvarado, TX
Louis Vuitton is more than a name; we are a world class manufacturer. LVUSM operates ateliers in California and Texas where our focus is people, quality, and safety. We encourage innovators with an entrepreneurial spirit to join our team!
The Louis Vuitton atelier in Alvarado, TX is currently seeking Artisans (Production/Sewing) to join our growing team. As an Artisan you will sew and assemble our luxury handbags and other small leather goods in a safe manner, while achieving the performance standards (safety, quality, cost, and time) as required by the company.
Shifts available: Days: 6:00 am – 2:30 pm and Evenings: 2:30 pm – 11:00 pm
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Knowledge of sewing on leather/canvas is a plus
- Basic math skills required for counting and measuring
- Basic computer skills are a plus
- Must be well organized, self-motivated and be a good communicator
- The ideal candidate must enjoy work in a collaborative environment with minimal direction.
- Comprehensive training is provided
- You are required to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- You will be required to lift up to 20 lbs. with or without accommodations
- Ability to operate/use equipment and manual tools, i.e.: industrial sewing machines, pneumatic machines and drills, industrial hot glue guns, trimming machine, soldering irons, hand scissors/snippers, ruler, etc.
- Ability to use your hands in a resourceful coordinated way to grasp and manipulate objects and demonstrate small, detailed movements (manual dexterity)
- Our workshops are temperature-controlled with moderate noise levels
Louis Vuitton is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Louis Vuitton is a company that respects the uniqueness of each employee and offers everyone the means to find their place and prosper. We promote initiatives aimed at supporting professional equality for everyone. We strive to go above and beyond purely symbolic measures by building a culture passionate about meaningful strategies aimed at crafting an inclusive workforce.