Artisan (Assemby/Sewing) - Alvarado, TX
Artisan (Assembly/Sewing) – Alvarado, Texas
Louis Vuitton, U.S. Manufacturing, Inc. proudly operates manufacturing ateliers in California and Texas where our focus is people, quality and safety. Our vision is “Proud to Craft Louis Vuitton in the USA”.
The Louis Vuitton atelier in Alvarado, TX is currently seeking Artisans (Assembly/Sewing) to join our growing team. As an Artisan you will sew and assemble our luxury handbags and other small leather goods in a safe manner, while achieving the performance standards (safety, quality, cost and time) as required by the company.
Shifts available: Days: 6:00 am – 2:30 pm and Evenings: 2:30 pm – 11:00 pm
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of sewing on leather/canvas is a plus
- Basic math skills required for counting and measuring
- Basic computer skills are a plus
- Must be well organized, self-motivated and be a good communicator
- Must be able to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Comprehensive training is provided
- You are required to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs. with or without accommodations
- Ability to operate/use equipment and manual tools, i.e.: industrial sewing machines, pneumatic machines and drills, industrial hot glue guns, trimming machine, soldering irons, hand scissors/snippers, ruler, etc.
- Ability to use your hands in a skillful coordinated way to grasp and manipulate objects and demonstrate small precise movements (manual dexterity)
- Our workshops are temperature-controlled with moderate noise levels
Louis Vuitton is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.