Maintenance Mechanic - San Dimas, CA
Louis Vuitton, U.S. Manufacturing, Inc. proudly operates manufacturing ateliers in California and Texas where our focus is people, quality and safety. Our vision is “Proud to Craft Louis Vuitton in the USA”.
The Louis Vuitton atelier in San Dimas, CA is currently seeking a Maintenance Mechanic to join our growing team. As a Maintenance Mechanic you will be responsible for repairing and maintaining all equipment on the production lines with a focus on customer service and safety.
Shift available: Monday – Friday, Evenings: 2:50 pm – 11:30 pm
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform preventive maintenance (PM) on all production equipment (i.e. cutting, prep, and assembly)
- Complete all projects in a safe and timely fashion with a focus on customer service (i.e. installation of new production lines, workshop reorganization, create jigs and dies, workstation improvements, etc.)
- Ensure daily operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing thorough preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, and production machines by following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications
- Support Operations by working cross-functionally as a team with Product Developers, Process Engineers, Continuous Improvement Engineers, and Production Supervisors
- Identifies root cause problems by observing mechanical devices in operation.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts, using rulers, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments
- Ability to use various mechanical tools to modify machine dimensions
- Prepares daily summary work status reports for business continuity between shifts.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing the necessary results (Rework)
- Partner with contract vendors, security, and contractors
- Participate in improvement projects within the company
- High School Diploma or GED is required. Technical Degree (2 years) in Electro-Mechanics or related technical field
- Minimum 4 years as an industrial mechanic required
- Bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus
- Knowledge of sewing equipment is preferred
- Technical skills for trouble shooting mechanical, electrical, pneumatics and hydraulics, milling machines
- Fabricating skills: ability to design and create tools, jigs, etc. is required
- Computer Literate: PLC (Programmable Logistic Controls); MS Word, Outlook, Excel
- Prior experience with Letrac equipment is a plus
- Prior experience with Comelz Integrated Technology, such as vacuum systems, and cutting machines
- Prior knowledge of skiving machines, and use of various blades
- Knowledge of maintenance work order software
- Ability to multi-task multiple projects, while prioritizing key projects within production environment
- Great communication skills within all levels of the organization
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and action-oriented mindset
- Must be team oriented and customer service focused
- Detail oriented, analytical, and possess excellent organizational skills
Louis Vuitton is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.