Maintenance Supervisor - Irwindale, CA
Louis Vuitton, U.S. Manufacturing, Inc. proudly operates manufacturing ateliers in California and Texas where our focus is people, quality and safety. Our vision is “Proud to Craft Louis Vuitton in the USA”. Our Irwindale, CA Workshop is currently seeking a Maintenance Supervisor. In this role you will have a high level of autonomy and assume responsibility for facility maintenance, machinery, planning, scheduling, directing and supervising the activities of maintenance mechanics. This role reports to the General Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Defines a vision along with the Leadership Team and provide solutions/action plans to upgrade or replace equipment in compliance with our Health and Safety policy
- Partners with plant management in defining investment strategy to comply with current production needs, innovation, and improved productivity and quality expectations
- Provides leadership, supervision, training, coaching, and performance evaluations to a team of maintenance mechanics
- Oversees the proper maintenance of equipment and facilities for a 130,000sq ft. building and ensures the reliable operation of plant equipment
- Maintains the facility which includes, but is not limited to HVAC, plumbing, electrical, housekeeping and the safety of associates
- Works cross functionally with all levels of the organization and departments to support new product development projects and daily operations
- Coaches and develops workshop personnel with continuous improvement methodologies to trouble-shoot processes and equipment
- Develops, implements, and monitors a Preventative Maintenance Program to maximize equipment life and operational efficiency according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Creates and maintains databases for vendors, supplies, and parts inventory
- Monitors cost effective management of parts’ inventory
- Prepares monthly & weekly maintenance reports.
- Elaborates on strategies and partnerships to reduce maintenance expenses
- Partners with contract vendors and contractors to obtain the best level of service for the organization
- Participates in improvement and transversal projects within the company as dictated by business needs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing/ Industrial Engineering preferred or related equivalent experience
- 8-15 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably managing maintenance, process, and production
- Planning, problem solving, project management experience and the ability to lead and influence by example
- Knowledge and management of electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks delegate and follow up
- Ability to support a vision and empower a team/organization
- Strong relationship management and customer service oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented, and continually changing environment
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite - Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Bilingual English/Spanish is required, French is a plus to interact with European Technical community
Louis Vuitton is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.